Caramelised Pineapple with Ice-cream & Vanilla SyrupBack to recipes
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 5 minutes
- Cooking time: 10 minutes
This is such a great summer dessert that's simple, and easy to throw together in just minutes. Be sure to start with a clean barbeque plate before you cook the pineapple though, otherwise your pineapple will taste of an earlier barbeque!
- 850g can GOLDEN CIRCLE Pineapple Rings in Syrup , drained with syrup reserved
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 vanilla bean, split with seeds scraped or 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 scoops of quality ice-cream
- Preheat a clean barbeque plate for 5 minutes until hot. Meanwhile, simmer reserved pineapple syrup in a small saucepan with vanilla seeds and pod for 5 minutes then remove from heat.
- Coat pineapple in brown sugar on both sides. Cook on barbeque for 3 minutes each side until sugar has caramelised and browned the surface.
- Place caramelised pineapple on a serving plate and top with a scoop of your favourite ice-cream. Pour a small amount of syrup over the ice-cream and pineapple and serve immediately.