Lamb Koftas with Beetroot RelishBack to recipes
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 minutes
The beetroot relish in this recipe is also terrific served with roast lamb, in salad sandwiches or to accompany grilled or roast beef. To add a spoonful of beetroot relish to any meat dish will take ordinary flavours and turn them into special!
- 400g lean lamb mince
- ½ tsp each of ground cumin, coriander and cinnamon
- ½ small red chilli, finely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper and salt flakes
- 440g can GOLDEN CIRCLE Sliced Beetroot , drained & julienned
- ½ cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Combine lamb mince, spices, chilli, pepper and salt together in a food processor and pulse mixture to a smooth paste. Press meat onto skewers and refrigerate until ready to barbeque.
- Combine relish ingredients in a medium saucepan over low-medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook uncovered for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporates by three quarters.
- Heat a barbeque or griddle plate until hot. Oil the skewered meats and cook for approximately 5-10 minutes or until cooked, turning as required.
- Arrange lamb Koftas on a plate and finish with a spoonful of beetroot relish. Serve with a simple garden salad.