Rum Soaked Grilled Pineapple
Pineapple is such a versatile fruit to use but pair it with rum, ice-cream and lime juice and you take it to a next level dessert option everyone will fall in love with! We're getting these pineapple slices with toasted coconut & rum all up in our grill! Yes grill, you grill these pineapple babies until they're perfectly caramelised and juicy. Serve hot with vanilla ice-cream and caramel sauce and you're in pineapple heaven!
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut.
1 can Golden Circle Pineapple Slices in Syrup
1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup dark rum
2 teaspoons Cinnamon
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
To serve (optional): Vanilla ice cream, caramel sauce, fresh mint
- Toast the coconut in a small skillet over a medium heat. Stir frequently for 5 minutes until golden brown.
- To create the marinade, combine the brown sugar, rum, cinnamon and lime juice in a baking juice.
- Drain the Golden Circle Pineapple Slices in Syrup and place them in the marinade, enduring they are evenly coated.
- Leave pineapple for 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Heat and oil your barbecue or grill pan.
- Grill pineapple on both sides on a medium-high heat, until brown and grill marks appear.
- Serve hot with ice cream, caramel sauce and fresh mint.
Want to see more recipes?
Go to recipes home